*SOLD* CART/INDY Car Marlboro/Penske liveryAdvert ID: 42695 SOLD
For sale CART/Indy car: original rolling chassis in all-time classic Marlboro colours.
Since 2002 the car has been in storage and changed in Penske, all time classic, Marlboro/Gil de Feran livery.
It appears to be in mostly complete as last raced condition LESS ENGINE and some minor part. Gearbox internals have not been checked - it is a 6 speed sequential X-Trac. Brembo brakes. Fully adjustable dampers. Air jacks. As you would expect components throughout are of the highest quality without regard for cost, all bodywork is carbon/kevlar.
ABOUT THE REYNARD 2KI
* The 2KI is a development of the championship winning 99I. The new aerodynamic rules for 2000 led to a revised gearbox, underfloor and sidepods.
* The chassis construction is of carbon/Kevlar skins with an aluminum honeycomb core. Chassis weight is around 60kgs and torsional stiffness approximately 20,000 foot-pounds per degree. The 2KI cockpit and driver were lowered to have less frontal area for improved aerodynamics, and to have a lower center of gravity.
* The gearbox has the transverse layout introduced in 1997, keeping its ease of serviceability and carrying over many proven components, but it was modified in many areas to aid the aerodynamics of the car, reduce the center of gravity, and to reduce the internal friction and power loss of the transmission.
* The internals of the gearbox and the complete selector mechanism are designed by Reynard in conjunction with Xtrac. Engine power is transmitted into the gearbox via a bevel gear and transfer gear arrangement, which then drives the transversely mounted gearshafts.
* The suspension features twin wishbones front and rear with pushrods operating the spring dampers via bellcranks. The anti-roll bar arrangement front and rear includes provision for running a third spring damper ride height control.
· Reynard 2KI Weight: 703kg/1550lbs
· Weight Distribution: 40% front; 60% rear
· Track: 1740mm front; 1640mm rear
· Wheelbase: 3037mm/119.5 inches
· Length: 4954mm/195 inches
· Height: 912mm/36inches
· Fuel Capacity 35 US gallons
· Steering: Reynard rack and pinion
· Turns: Lock to lock 1.4
· Suspension & Running Gear: Twin wishbones front and rear with pushrods operating the spring dampers via bell cranks
· Brakes: Brembo Metal Matrix; Carbon Metallic pads